Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Random Scans: Orion (updated)

Orion  (<-probably 1st edition)
Orion (3rd edition)


Now what would be better then scanned Orion? Two scanned Orions!
So how do these editions differ... Page cuts are very slightly different. 3rd seems to have a lot better paper quality.
About scanning... First third of 3rd seemed to be coming out better then with 1st. While the rest was easier to scan in 1st.

By my opinion, Orion is Masamune Shirow's best work.
These are high quality scans. Scanned at 6200px height and high image quality. A must download, I dare to say. Both of them.
At last a chance to read this book in the way it was meant to!

6 comments:

  1. Better than Ghost in the Shell?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Art is far better then in "Ghost in the Shell" but not as good as in "Ghost in the Shell II".
      (What you think about plot and story is of course a matter of personal taste)

      Delete
  2. Are you still okay with reuploading releases? The Orion I found on Bakabt is 1025x1600 and I don't know if this is on Animebytes because it's a invite only site. Can you please reupload this to MEGA or something. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both versions are up in Mega folder O
      https://mega.co.nz/#F!gtUBWIJT!Ti9-s0s8Vewx219YaBAASw

      Delete
    2. thanks man! sorry for the late reply

      Delete
    3. I downloaded the Orion (3rd Edition) from the link and the checked the scans. Page 236 is a duplicate of 234 and Page 237 is a duplicate of 235. I also cleaned and edited the 3rd Edition Orion. I saved them at x2500, I want to redo this whole thing.

      There are 2 Orion zips on the MEGA link, I want to know if the other one is the 4th Edition (Right to Left) so that I can release another edited version.

      Thank you for this upload!

      Delete