Wednesday, July 3, 2013

omnibus

I decided to say few words for about two omnibus (3 volume books) I added to Rescan Mania.
Battle Angel Alita - Last Order v1-v3 and Dance in the Vampire Bund v4-6.

Battle Angel Alita - Last Order v1-v3 was disappointing. Two first volumes are simply not worth reading! I'm serious. (Somewhat) luckily you can start reading from third volume without missing anything (as nothing interesting happened in first two books). In third volume the series really starts. Several interesting characters are introduced as well as the world where story is set in.
While good, it's no way great as the original Battle Angel Alita series but still certainly worth reading.
At the end of the book there are also two short stories. These are not set to Battle Angel Alita universe. While I didn't dislike, neither seemed special nor had any real story. Yet at least art in them is good and interesting.

Dance in the Vampire Bund v4-6 was interesting. Though I got to say that' mainly because of how slowly the story moves. And while I have thing for such, this was ridiculous. Nevertheless it is saved by it's omnibus format. By reading through 3 volumes at once you get the minimum amount of story you need from manga volume. Indeed I don't see how else to enjoy this series except in 3 vol chucks. And if doing so you will get to enjoy a bit cliche but very entertaining story arc.
So it's shame that our scan quality was shit. I'm bit too cruel as it's still 600dpi as usual and clean print but the fact is that spines are far worse then it's normal to us.

3 comments:

  1. Speaking of omnibus, Any chance you'd be continuing the Love Hina Omnibus?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally random request, I know, But would you, by any chance, be able to scan Dr Slump? I've been trying to hunt it down for quite a while, without success..

    ReplyDelete